Thursday 3 June 2010

The Workshop was a great success

Yes - we finally made it and the first Kiln Fused Glass workshop has now been completed. Yay!
It was brilliant. We had 7 paying participants and my husband and son's girlfriend also joined in. When I wasn't in the kitchen I made some glass things too so I enjoyed it all as well.
I made loads of cakes: Nigel Slater's scrummy Apricot and Lemon cake (a real family favourite), some date slices (an old Cranks recipe from way back - not that great really) another Cranks recipe Prune and Honey cake which I didn't really like and some really fabulous Chocolate Brownies. Lunch on the first day was Watercress soup with homemade handmade Spelt Bread plus my machine made Organic Wholemeal Bread, lots of lovely cheeses including the gorgeous Pie d'Angloys, some leaves from the poly-tunnel, yogurts and cake oh and a few Strawbs.
Lunch on day 2 was similar but with a homemade Asparagus Quiche (eggs courtesy of our lovely free-range girls!) and fruit salad.
We have fired three times and the kiln is behaving really well. The work is astoundingly good and everyone is thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment